In memory of Dr. Shafie S. Fazel, outstanding resident within the Division of Cardiac Surgery, University of Toronto.
Each Division will be asked to submit the name of ONE potential candidate within their Division.
Given to a resident in their LAST year of training with demonstrated outstanding accomplishments during residency both as a surgeon and as an investigator (i.e. outstanding clinical ability; superb academic achievement; attributes in keeping with the ideal caregiver (collaboration, communication, mentorship, patient advocacy, leadership, reliability, respect, community service, honesty). IE this award is not to be given after someone has left residency.
- Be accompanied by a letter of support from the Division’s Program Director outlining how the nominee meets the criteria for the award
- Criteria for clinical excellence should include testimonials from the resident’s supervisors
- Nominations should include the candidate’s CV
- Evidence of investigative excellence should include impact of papers published
- Other pertinent documents may be submitted as well
Deadline for submission of nomination is March 2nd Submission should be sent to Terry Yau at email@example.com