An award of $2,000 will be awarded to five residents.
Criteria and Considerations
The award is specifically for residents registered with the Postgraduate Medical Education Office who are still in training, and:
- The research project must be clinically related;
- The research can be completed or in progress;
- The research must have received University of Toronto ethics approval;
- The research must be completed during the period of residency while at the University of Toronto.
Please forward application packages by email to Arlene McKinley including:
- A 250 word abstract of the research.
- A copy of the research ethics approval.
- An original research paper of 1500 words describing the research design, methods, and if available results and conclusions. All authors, as well as supervisor(s) should be clearly indicated on the title page.
- A letter of support from the Program Director that includes the resident’s name.
A panel of judges representing the Faculty of Medicine will assess and rank the quality of the papers and the research using the following (but not limited to) criteria:
- Clinically related
- Originality of research
- Appropriateness of research
- Quality of abstract
- Quality of research paper
- Overall ranking
An endeavour will be made to recognize the different medical disciplines when awarding prizes, but excellence in research is the main criterion for selection.
A memo will be sent out to all Clinical Chairs and Program Directors in July regarding the PSI awards and a reminder sent a week before the deadline.
If you have any questions, please contact Arlene McKinley at 416-946-5471 or by email.
Incomplete applications will be discarded without consideration.