If you cannot access one of these papers, feel free to e-mail us and we will send you a copy.
- World Health Organization. A WHO plan for burn prevention and care. 2008. Geneva.
- Procter, F. Rehabilitation of the burn patient. Indian J Plast surg. 2010;43:S101-113.
- World Health Organization. Safe surgery saves lives. The second global patient safety challenge. 2008. Geneva.
- Albertyn R, Bickler SW, Rode H. Paediatric burn injuries in Sub-Saharan Africa-an overview. Burns 2006;32:605-612.
- Farmer PE, Kim JY. Surgery and global health: a view from beyond the OR. World J Surg. 2008;32:533-536.
- Odero W, Polsky S, Urbane D, Carel R, Tierney WM. Characteristics of injuries presenting to a rural health centre in western Kenya. East Afr Med J. 2007;84:367-373.
- Ndiritu S, Ngumi ZWW, Nyaim O. Burns: the epidemiological pattern, risk and safety awareness at Kenyatta National Hospital, Nairobi. East Afr Med J 2006;83:455-460.
- Oduor PR. Pediatric burns at the Rift Valley Provincial General Hospital, Nakur, Kenya. Annals of African Surgery. 2010;6:32-36.
- Masiira-Mukasa N, Ombito BR. Surgical admissions to the Rift Valley Provincial General Hospital, Kenya. East Afr Med J. 2002;79:373-378.
- Haq A. Pattern of burn injuries at a Kenyan provincial hospital. Burns 1990;16:185-189.
- Forjuoh SN. Burns in low- and middle-income countries: a review of available literature on descriptive epidemiology, risk factors, treatments, and prevention. Burns 2006;32:529-537.
- Burn Unit Protocols
In collaboration with AMREF Kenya (the African Medical Research and Foundation Kenya), the Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the University of Toronto is undertaking a study to identify the magnitude and factors that contribute to burn injuries, including assessing perception of the community towards burn injuries and identifying potential prevention strategies.
- WHO-Safe Surgery Saves Lives
- WHO-Global Initiative for Emergency and Essential Surgical Care
- WHO-Violence and Injury Prevention (Burns)
- International Society for Burn Injuries
- International Statistical Classification of Disease and Related Health Problems 10th Revision
- American Burn Association
- Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves